RF Engineer - DAS/Venue
Tampa, FL Posted: 8/8/2018
RF Engineer SME
Engineer will be responsible for system design and planning for indoor DAS and Small Cell projects in strategic venues across licensed coverage area. The Engineer will develop coverage and capacity solutions to deliver superior customer experiences for a variety of locations such as sports venues, shopping malls, hospitality and convention centers, hospitals, universities, office spaces, and transit systems. Solutions will include location assessment, requirements gathering, RF design, technology selection, implementation, integration, and optimization. The Engineer will interface with national and regional engineering teams, field operations, third party DAS providers, development teams, and venue owners.
- Develop end to end DAS and Small Cell Solutions
- Perform site surveys to evaluate location and identify requirements for system design, including RF data collection
- Model indoor propagation and capacity to determine antenna placement and equipment needs
- Apply link budget analysis, macro design, design standards, traffic analysis
- Understand and apply requirements for multiple operator systems
- Develop system equipment and materials list
- Review and approve final RF design construction documents
- Assist with system deployment and commissioning as necessary
- Document system installation and update internal database
- Collect data for post deployment acceptance testing to ensure requirements are met and the system integrates with the macro network
- Work with third party DAS providers to review existing designs and recommend T-Mobile design changes
- 3-5 years of wireless telecommunications and RF engineering design and deployment experience, ideally with UMTS and LTE technologies
- Experience with DAS or Small Cell Systems design, integration, and optimization experience, ideally working on solutions in high density environments such as stadiums and arenas
- Solid understanding of current wireless technologies, e.g. UMTS and LTE, including link budgets, relevant switch parameters, time delay considerations, and KPIs.
- Understanding of RF propagation and tools.
- At least 2 years experience performing desktop design for indoor networks using iBwave propagation tool (iBwave certification required)
- Knowledge and experience with DAS vendors, e.g. CommScope, TE Connectivity, Corning Mobile Access, SOLiD
- Knowledge and experience with data collection tools, e.g. TEMs Investigation
- Knowledge and experience with Small Cell vendors, e.g. Ericsson, Nokia, SpiderCloud, ip.access
- Experience working with major third party DAS providers, e.g. American Tower, Crown Castle, Mobilitie, ExteNet
- Ability to compare different products’ technical specifications and determine most cost effective solution for the location
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally.
- Ability to investigate and solve complex problems and implement related work improvements with cross-functional team members.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Ability to use basic office applications: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook/Email
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or like degree
- Certification from iBwave
20% on –site meeting, visits to market and venues
Already have an account? Log in here