RF Systems Engineer
Chicago, IL Posted: 3/12/2019
- Design, implement, monitor, troubleshoot and optimize a wide range of wireless technologies. Assist in evaluation and selection of new systems.
- Line-of-sight RF link design, system tuning and optimization, interference measurement/tracking, and general RF troubleshooting.
- Identify and qualify potential sites and paths for the networks
- Link budget creation and system performance prediction.
- Use of RF and network test equipment to measure and evaluate component and system performance in laboratory and field testing.
- Analysis of test results and close interaction with NOC and business teams to optimize the network.
- Work with regulators and frequency coordinators to license frequencies as required and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assist in site surveys and site acquisition
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other teams to ensure project-related action items are reviewed and executed in a timely manner.
- Create detailed documentation for Field Engineers to use in implementing engineering requirements.
- Strong understanding of electronics including RF principles/theory (Signal Path, Power, Frequency, Noise, Modulation, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of RF communications systems. Experience with low-latency systems is a plus.
- Experience and understanding of RF and network test instruments and tools including spectrum analyzers, power meters, signal generators, BER testers, etc.
- Familiar with IP networks and troubleshooting network issues.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop and present ideas clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Familiarity with linux command line environment and Python or another modern language.
- Experience designing microwave paths and link budgets using planning tools such as Pathloss/Sitesync/Splat! or similar is desirable.
- Experience with optical networking systems a plus.
Already have an account? Log in here