Development Project Manager
Frisco, TX Posted: 2/22/2019
Development Project Manager
- Project Manage multiple real estate projects in support of regional goals
- Review High Rent sites for relocation
- Manage site acquisition contractors on the cellular tower identification and selection process
- Utilizing technical acumen associated with tower structures, RF antenna/line specifications, and licensed frequencies, work with Radio Frequency Engineers to design a cell tower configuration that best supports our customers while being most efficient from a cost standpoint.
- Review and analyze Engineering Structural Analysis’ associated with loading on cell towers. Be able to understand what the analysis is saying, and recommend to RF and construction specific steps to be taken to ensure a safe installation that meets structural specs.
- Work with local municipalities to procure easements, zoning, and permits to move forward with cell site construction & installations.
- Present at City Council meetings as appropriate, and utilize established relationships with city decision makers to procure approval for new cell sites and existing cell modifications.
- Maintain and manage capital spending for assigned projects. Ensure that capital spending for assigned projects is within the budget given, and be able to report regularly on spending trends and projected spending.
- Negotiate leases/amendments which provide the best network to our customers at the lowest cost.
- Work with landowners and tower companies to enter into long-term leases, perpetual easements or purchase of their telecommunications property
- Negotiate with existing landowners an assignment of lease, easement and ancillary agreements that meet corporate financial standards
- Read and interpret documents such as leases, title reports, easements, surveys, etc.
- Anticipate and identify problems with lease terms or other factors that may render the lease unattractive
- Procure the landowner’s or appropriate signatory on all required documentation
- Work within FCC / regulatory compliance
- Assist the Regulatory Team with filing, tracking, and submitting FAA & FCC regulatory documents through the company’s filing process.
- Ensure all Regulatory compliance issues are met by following established processes and meticulous tracking and organization of regulatory documents.
- Experience with industry vendors. Crown Castle, American Tower, TMO, AT&T, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience 2+ years of experience in site acquisition, commercial real estate or property management experience years of experience in communications industry years work experience with relational and web-based database systems
- Knowledge of legal and financial terms and ability to read and interpret contracts
- Experience with contract management, project management or construction disciplines
- Basic knowledge related to lease contracts, property management and real estate and zoning regulations
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access, Word)
- PeopleSoft knowledge a plus
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle highly complex technical agreements and contentious issues
- Strong negotiation skills
- Responsible for communicating effectively at all levels
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in creative and practical ways
Minimal, some travel to municipalities
Already have an account? Log in here