Civil Technician I
Greensboro, NC Posted: 3/1/2019
The role of a Civil Technician Level 1 is to engage in construction, installation, and repair of structures and fixtures. The CT1 reports to his onsite foreman as well as the Construction/Project Manager.
- Lift heavy loads up to 70 lbs and navigate construction site terrain
- Dig pits, trenches and foundations in preparation for job site construction
- Identify utility lines
- Operate vehicles and possibly light equipment
- Perform setup and cleanup tasks at a job site
- Direct traffic when necessary to ensure safety of pedestrians, motorists and work crew
- Back-fill trenches and pits when necessary
- Provide labor support as needed for specialty crew
- Perform general maintenance of construction equipment and vehicles
- Basic computer skills.
- The ability to read and write in English; excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and travel out of market when necessary.
- Relevant industry experience
- Certifications: OSHA 10, OSHA 30, CPR/First Aid, RF Safety etc.
- Identify building process
- Read and interpret drawings
- Knowledge of building codes, environmental regulations, and safety requirements
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- 2+ years’ construction industry experience preferred
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures
- Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle
- Comfort working in high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
Already have an account? Log in here