JOB TITLE: Close Out Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Engine Room
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
At SAC Wireless, it's our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technology services. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the country choose SAC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join SAC and help shape our future while creating yours.
SAC designs, builds and maintains end-to-end network infrastructure for telecommunications, enterprise and public sector customers. An industry leader with highly trained and certified professionals providing best-in- class network solutions and services.
SUMMARY: Responsible for producing the highest quality of closeout packages to the Client ontime and with a 100% first time through acceptance rate in order to maximize revenue.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Responsible for all reporting and monitoring of closeout packages for completeness and accuracy.
- Reports project status and performance data to the Client as required to SAC management..
- Meets with Client on regular basis to review results and negotiate maximum opportunity of revenue recognition.
- Continually reviews close-out results in order to adjust by improving process and/or execution.
- Reviews construction drawings, material, and labor tasks for correctness.
- Reviews field photographs and documents to ensure alignment to scope of work purchase order.
- Organizes and submits a complete closeout package per Client specifications.
- Knowledge and interaction with client systems (e.g., FileNet, NORAD, etc.).
- Provides quality checks, follows up on exceptions and develops solution based resolutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or engineering, or similar field experience in telecommunications construction management is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years Wireless Construction Telecommunications industry experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Strong analytic ability and acute attention to detail.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytic skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Travel may be required but limited.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.