Field Service Technician Overview:
The Field Service Technician provides quality installation of wireless base station equipment for optimum system performance. Perform duties in support of network expansion to ensure new and upgraded equipment is operating to meet performance criteria within prescribed timeframes. He/she also manages time and client communication with minimal supervision. The Field Service Technician shall at all times uphold the foundational goals of our client: “Client Service, Quality, and Safety” to enhance the integrity for which the organization has become known.
Field Service Technician Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for providing quality installation, termination and commissioning services for remote base station equipment. Remote equipment includes, but is not limited, to the following; BTS equipment, power bays, batteries, microwave radios, and associated network equipment.
- Work with the project manager to insure project profitability. This will include the preparation of change orders and project exception documentation.
- Follows detailed procedures when performing tasks while maintaining quality
- Must be capable of understanding technical information
- Must be willing to work day, evening or night hours; overtime, emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. May be required to be away from home location for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hand & power tools, and basic test equipment.
- Must be able/willing to cross train on other telecommunications equipment that the company may need personnel to install/operate/maintain
- Perform Connector installation and inspection
- Provide field support in the following areas: equipment delivery coordination, equipment installation of batters, rectifiers, inverters, BDFB’s, BDCBB’s, UPS Systems, and associated infrastructure used in telecommunications networks.
- Work with DC Power +24v and -48v systems
- Running and lacing power cable,
- Installing Emerson Power Plants and Deka Batteries
- Running, cleaning, and testing fiber connections
- Cable Management
- Maintain company resources such as; vehicle inventory, tools, vehicle, test equipment to insure proper operation and availability.
- Complete required administrative duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide accurate time card and work log to supervisor at the end of each week.
- Act and make decisions independently or autonomously
- Must work well with others
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude in all interactions with the client or other team members
- Must be able to move and/or lift material weighing up to a maximum of 60 pounds and drive long distances safely to complete job assignments.
Field Service Technician Qualifications/ Job Requirements:
- Verizon Wireless/US Cellular Experience desired
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Computer Science a plus
- Related experience in computer operations, switching, and radio or data communications
- RF Experience
- Must pass pre-employment testing (motor vehicle, drug and background check)
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Adhere to safety practices and procedures.
- Must be computer literate, possess MS Office experience
- Demonstrated ability of solid oral & written communications skills.
- Establish and maintain DOT certification.
Our client provides an extremely competitive compensation program complete with health, life, vision, and dental insurance. We also offer steady work, career pathways, excellent per diem, paid time off, 401(k) with 6% match, paid holidays, and much more!
Our client has long been recognized as one of the best when considering Communications Tower Erection and Maintenance, installation of complete Microwave Systems, Facility Services, and full service Small Cell/DAS solutions. With over 170 years' combined experience in the telecommunications industry, Our client has managed and/or constructed some of the most difficult projects in the nation. Our close-knit, unified team of employees understand that quality, safety and integrity provide the foundation of our success.