Real Estate Specialist III
Sacramento, CA Posted: 4/5/2019
The Real Estate Specialist III reviews leases, obtains consent for improvements and processes entitlements (Building Permits and Zoning) Depending upon the project, the Real Estate Specialist III is responsible for locating appropriate properties and negotiating transactions with property owners. The Real Estate Specialist III acts as an intermediary between wireless companies and owners of real estate and other facilities.
- lease reviews
- Understanding construction drawings and jurisdictional requirements
- Communicating with jurisdictions (Land Use and Building Departments)
- Coordinating with tower owners and/or private landlords to negotiate and secure leases and entitlements as project scope deﬁnes
- Reviewing and approving site speciﬁc documents, etc.
- Reviewing title reports for ownership, encumbrances, easements, etc.
- Interviewing zoning/permitting personnel to obtain jurisdictional approval requirements for installation of wireless communication facilities and/or related wireless equipment as project scope deﬁnes
- Completing zoning ordinance reviews
- Reviewing zoning drawings prior to submittal for compliance with public agencies and client requirements
- Preparing, submitting and obtaining land use entitlement applications
- Performing all duties in accordance with the Client Code of Safe Practices (IIPP
Please note that this job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication (Oral and Written)
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Commitment to Safety
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years of real estate experience in the cellular/wireless telecom industry
- Knowledge of Tower and Wireless industry
- Ability to read and comprehend legal documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, etc.
- Real estate, sales, or legal negotiation experience
- Must have thorough knowledge and expertise in 1-2 of the following disciplines: Site Acquisition, Zoning and Entitlement, Construction -Management, and Environmental Compliance
- Computer literate including proﬁciency with Microsoft Suite.
- Real Estate License
- A 4 year degree, or equivalent experience
- A Degree in Urban Planning
- Knowledge of local jurisdictional entitlement requirements and processes
- Additional Software Skills (AutoCAD, Visio, UNIX, Granite, Oracle, graphing software, etc)
- Work schedule is Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel to client meetings and Client Oﬃces as needed, ranging from 10-25%. May also visit project sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to ﬁnger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee may be required on occasion use a step stool or ladder and need to pick-up and deliver materials to the site. Driving a Class C motor vehicle is also a requirement of this position, and all of the physical demands therein required are applicable.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Already have an account? Log in here