Tower NOC Operator
Canonsburg, PA Posted: 11/5/2019
Provides support in a 24x7x365 days/year role that monitors, tracks, and escalates Tower lighting issues to ensure company compliance with FAA/FCC notification requirements.
Essential Job Functions
• Monitor alarm activity from remote communications sites to ensure company compliance with FAA/FCC.
• Open, track and close the filing of Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) reports with the FAA.
• Open, track, and close NOC trouble tickets with the regions.
• Answer incoming calls and monitor various e-mail accounts and act according to NOC procedures and processes.
• Assist in the monitoring and control of headquarters building and site security.
• Interface with field personnel to verify repairs and testing of lighting alarm systems.
• Assist in resolution of NOC daily reports.
• Basic troubleshooting and configuration of tower monitoring and lighting systems.
• Notify, dispatch, and escalate network faults and emergencies adhering to MLA, SLA, FAA/FCC and NOC procedures.
• Provide first contact with land owners, outside vendors, police, fire and emergency service responders.
• Interface and assist with other NOC’s and their technicians during QLI’s, third party tower repairs and service outages.
• High school diploma
• Prior customer service and/or service dispatch experience
• Basic telephone operation skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• Skilled at completing tickets for maintenance purpose
• Ability to handle multiple simultaneous calls
• Knowledge of wireless communications a plus
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Shift work including nights and weekends. On-call environment.
Already have an account? Log in here