Telecom Field Integrator
Buffalo, NY Posted: 7/15/2019
- Competitive Pay
- Perdiem when out of town
- Paid weekly – Direct Deposit (PAID ON TIME EVERY FRI!)
- Stable well-funded company with lots of work
- Multiple markets
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401K with 5% match
- Paid Holidays and PTO
We are seeking experience EF&I Technician. Individuals must have a strong work ethic and a desire meet a minimum requirement listed below (this experience is a must have to fill this position!):
- 3+ Years of Experience Installing, Commissioning, Integrating Ericsson 2000,3000,6000 Series RBS. BB5216, BB6630 Experience
- SRS Call test Troubleshooting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- The ideal candidate has working experience with Ericsson equipment installation and integration.
- General understanding of Ericsson system and network protocols, configurations, and operations, and can demonstrate experience completing complex core and network infrastructure projects.
- Experience providing Ericsson systems Level II and III support is a plus.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and quickly triage and resolve customer issues is required.
- Installs, maintains, integrate, commission and repairs radio access nodes, core network transmission equipment on operational telecommunications networks.
- Interacts with other technicians and customer’s technical staff.
- Integration, commissioning and troubleshoots Ericsson RBS / BTS.
- Understands and implements RAN, RF and Transmission designs and operations.
- This position reports to the Network Operations Manager.
- Candidate will assist and support in the effort to integrate and commissioning new cell site.
- The EF&I Technician is responsible for verification of the cell site configuration, activation and testing equipment in client’s wireless network.
- This position is an integral part of the new build team and works closely with planning team to ensure that installs/upgrades sites are installed and activated, optimized and tested to client’s specific implementation plan.
- The EF&I Technician will also work closely with divisional resources to integrate &/or commission newly installed/upgraded equipment into wireless and fixed networks without customer service interruption.
- Capable to verify and inspect all components of a new site (new build) construction.
- Work with Network Planning team to understand/provide input required to oversee full cycle of new site deployment, quality inspect and integration.
- Ensure completion and timely submission of COPs (Closeouts Packages).
- Knowledgeable to verify all aspects of wireless network system components including RRU. RBS, MU, SAID, switches, cabling, power equipment.
- Coordinate and complete final new site field inspection and provide full report / closeouts documents. Ensure a safe working environment are in accordance with OSHA standards; work with local management and staff to identify and correct unsafe conditions.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology preferred
- Ericsson UMTS / LTE RBS integrator certified
- Ericsson BTS Certifications
- Strong working knowledge of RF wireless technologies and products
- A demonstrated understanding of multiple client network topologies and associated
- Radio access network (RAN) and Optical / Microwave Transmission infrastructure
- Proficient with Internet Protocol (IP) networking
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Ericsson RBS Element Manager (EMAS)
- Experience integrating and troubleshoot all components of Wireless and Fixed network A&L system
- Must be capable of working both indoors and outdoors, and may require working in direct sunlight daily for up to 10 hours
- Site Master, PIM &/or Fiber testing certified
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull 50+ lbs
- Valid driver’s license and be able to pass a driving record check
- Candidate must be able to pass a background and drug test
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace
Already have an account? Log in here