Sacramento, CA Publicada el: 10/11/2019
Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Categoría del puesto de trabajo:
The Warehouse Manager reports directly to the Inventory and WMS Manager and is responsible for maintaining inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering items; securing warehouse; and supervising staff. This position will also keep the warehouse database and records current, and maintain the warehouse in an orderly fashion.
- Oversee warehouse staff by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling
- Develops and publishes schedule on access times for equipment pickups and returns to control flow of materials into and out of warehouse.
- Identify variances and make recommendations to implement corrective actions.
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Delivers supplies and equipment to departments by receiving and transferring items.
- Verifies accuracy of data entry in ERP system to capture inventory changes of incoming and outgoing stock
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Maintains inventory by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances; inputing data.
- Monitors level of inventory and alerts manager to items that are overstocked.
- Secures warehouse by turning alarms on; testing systems. Monitors and restricts access to warehouse to only necessary personnel
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of experience managing a warehouse
- Proven track record of maintaining accurate inventory levels
- Experience utilizing warehouse database programs
- Proficient using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Email, etc.)
- Ability to operate forklift, and other equipment
- Ability to operator a motor vehicle
- Operating a forklift
- Valid Class C motor vehicle license