Tower Technician II
Sacramento, CA Publicada el: 10/17/2019
Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Categoría del puesto de trabajo:
At Vinculums, safety is our number one priority. Our employees are our most important resource and we want all of our employees to work safely and free from injury so that they can enjoy their lives to the fullest extent possible.
Tower Technician II should have 1 to 3 years industry experience (preferred) to perform all aspects of tower maintenance and installation for the designated market. This position requires the ability to climb to heights in excess of 500 feet. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; installs, maintenance, and repairs of microwave antenna and line installation, path alignment, LTE upgrades, tower installation/decommission and equipment operation. Familiarity with multiple carrier installation requirements and specific safety standards: AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint are necessary.
PRIMARY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installing, maintaining, repairing, removing, or retrofitting antenna systems equipment and power systems to maintain operational communications
- Using a transit; reading a compass; setting Azimuths and Down tilts based on specifications
- Providing superior customer service ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner
- Adhering to all Company and industry (i.e., OSHA, NATE) standards/regulations
- Operating construction equipment to dig holes, load/unload equipment, install/remove communications equipment, and install tower foundations and structures, using safety equipment and clothing, and hand tools.
- Effectively utilizing of available resources, technology, and tools to complete work
- Maintaining compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Utilizing knowledge to identify, select and utilize the proper cables, ropes, block and tackle for rigging and lifting
- Maintaining clean, safe and orderly environment
- Properly following all safety procedures and policies
- Performing all duties in accordance with the Vinculums Code of Safe Practices (IIPP).
- Anritzu / PIM/ fiber testing certification
- Experience on major carrier builds and modification preferred
- Willingness to travel and work in all locations for extended periods of time.
- Tower Climber/Fall Protection/ Rescuer Certification or equivalent certification (Comtrain)
- Ability to climb heights in excess of 500 feet
- Ability to read & comprehend Construction Drawings
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, team player, results oriented
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to be insurable and able to operate a company vehicle.
- All candidates must be able to pass the following to be considered for job placement:
- Pre-employment Drug Screening
- Criminal Background Check
Preferred but not required:
- ALU Technician certification
- Connector certifications i.e.: Andrew, PPC, Com Scope, etc.
- OSHA 10 or 30, RF Awareness certification
- First aid/CPR
- RF and microwave experience
- Travel would be required within a region but could include travel outside of region as well.
- Schedules to include overtime with lodging away from home with rotations of up to 6 weeks or more to include nights, weekends and graveyard shifts.
- Impromptu long distance commutes.
- Outside work with weather extremes that range from below zero in winter to 95 degrees plus in summer, wind and rain (snow and sleet) can also be factors.
- Rough and uneven terrain and work in enclosed environments with limited movement to perform task at hand.