Tower Modification - Foreman
Fallbrook, CA Posted: 12/10/2019
Tower / Modification Foreman must have an expert level of understanding with all aspects of the tower mod industry. The person in this position will be expected to maintain full control of their crew’s production and lead by example. They will utilize the tower mod lead to develop and plan out the complete scope of work required at each site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Must have an emphasis and higher understanding of:
- Reading blueprints, laying out, grinding, fitting, and welding steel components
- Prefer field welding experience, at a minimum must have field or shop welding experience
- Knowledge of Welding Procedures (WPSs), and setup of welding machines accordingly
- Capstan operations, Crane/signaling, Rigging, understand and follow quality and safety procedures.
- Ability to perform preheat and cutting of steel using an oxy-acetylene torch.
- Basic knowledge and experience with welding inspection requirements, NDT, and hold points for special inspections
- Experience performing as a certified climber, ability to climb monopoles, self supports, and guyed towers
- Developed management skills in running their team in day to day operations.
- All crew tools equipment and vehicles are expected to be cared for as part of a daily process.
Successful Completion of Required Training
- First Aid/BBP @ CPR
- SMAW and/or FCAW
- PPE use and requirement
- RF Awareness
- Rigging Special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, capstan etc.)
Minimum 2 Years Tower and Telecommunications / Welding Experience Required
Desire to Succeed and Learn New Skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Acute attention to detail
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Frequent Travel required with overnight trips.
- Office and outside in all weather conditions.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Already have an account? Log in here