Kenilworth, NJ Posted: 12/11/2020
Tower Technician's build on their previous telecom experience and understanding of the wireless industry while backing up the lead tower hand. 60%+ of time spent onsite climbing Cell Towers. Techs must back up the Top Hand when working top side and back up the tower foreman when on the ground. Learn and develop an understanding for color coding, weatherproofing, grounding, etc. (as it pertains to the SOW at hand).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
- Required to work at heights installing telecom equipment/materials on towers, monopoles, etc. including mounts, radios, and antennas
- Interprets various documents (e.g. blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise, and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
- A willingness to travel when required.
- Successful Completion of Required Training
- Minimum 2 Years Tower and Telecommunications Experience Required.
- Technical understanding/ability.
- Desire to succeed and learn new skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- First Aid/BBP @ CPR
- PPE use and requirements
- Lock out Tag out
- RF Awareness
- Special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, Back hoe, capstan etc.)
- Safety conscious
- Quick learners
- Able to take direction
- Physically able to climb 1000 vertical feet per day
- Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and drug screen
Already have an account? Log in here