As a Tower Technician III you will perform maintenance/installation of RF wireless cell sites which involves the Antennas, TMAs, RRU's, diplexers, RET motors, towers, coax cabling, fiber & power trunks/jumpers, connectors, conduit installation, weatherproofing, microwave dishes, GPS antenna, grounding, cabling supports, etc. safely and efficiently.
Responsibilities & Tasks
• Represents Metro RF Services with the highest degree of professionalism in all situations
• Perform maintenance/installation of RF wireless cell sites which involves the Antennas, TMAs, RRU's, diplexers, RET motors, towers, coax cabling, fiber & power trunks/jumpers, connectors, conduit installation, weatherproofing, microwave dishes, GPS antenna, grounding, cabling supports, etc. safely and efficiently.
• Perform civil related tasks such as trenching, site clearing/grading, grounding, forming, shoring, rebar cages, footings, pouring/finishing concrete, spreading gravel, framing, FRP, drywall, CMU walls, fencing, BTS cabinet sets, painting, roofing, etc. • Installation of BTS cabinets and various electrical related components including but not limited to DC Power Plants, AC Power Panels, sub-panels, disconnects, transformers, generators, meter cans/pedestals, conduit, trenching for conduit installation, etc. • Coordinates with crew in both supervisor role and on-hands assistance when needed.
• Assist where needed to identify customer network and equipment problems.
• Ability to read and comprehend Construction Drawings, RFDS's, NTP's, and all other pertinent job related documentation and literature.
• Determines the cause of equipment failure using various types of complex test equipment (e.g. Anritsu Site Master, JDSU Fiber Tester, PIM Tester, etc.).
• Various housekeeping skills at locations including but not limited to job sites, company vehicles, warehouse/office, etc.
• Loading and unloading of materials to ground and rooftops.
• Ability to accurately follow instructions and complete assigned tasks in accordance with the scope of work and methods of procedures.
• Ability to track completed scopes/assignments/tasks via checklists.
• Maintain and assume full responsibility for company issued assets according to Metro RF Services policy.
• Establishes and maintains strong vendor relationships with client/customer.
• Provide technical training to personnel in a specific department as requested.
• Inventory of all customer/client and internal supplied materials.
• Scanning customer supplied (OEM equipment) on site.
• Delivery of materials/parts/tools to job sites.
• Perform Ground Testing