IT and Telecom Wireless
Data Center Technician
Carrollton, TX Posted: 7/27/2021
The Infrastructure team is responsible for the datacenters, networks and supporting systems that power both a global low latency environment and high-performance computing (HPC) clusters.
What You Will Do:
- Install and configure data center infrastructure components (cabinets, power strips, etc.).
- Install pre-terminated fiber infrastructure (panels, cassettes, trunks, etc.).
- Racking and cabling of data center hardware in a professional manner (servers, switches, routers, storage, etc.).
- Ensure all data and power cabling is installed professionally and documented.
- Hardware break-fix and preventive maintenance.
- Work directly with vendors to troubleshoot/repair faulty hardware.
- Initial configuration of network devices (ztp, consoles).
- Basic switch configuration (switch port configs, vlan changes).
- Work directly with colocation provider for facility requests (issues, new requests).
- Maintain device and cabling documentation using established toolset.
- Shipping and receiving of equipment.
- Work with contractors to expand datacenter facilities as the business needs dictate.
- Maintain an inventory of frequently used items and proactively order gear as appropriate.
- Perform capacity planning activities within the Data Center (space, cooling, power, cabling plant).
- Deliver maximum uptime to our customers by ensuring the data center infrastructure is operating as optimally as possible through best practice design related to power, cooling, data cabling, and risk averse change processes.
- Must have at least 3 years' experience working in a highly available data center environment.
- Highly effective in oral and written communication with an ability to communicate with people of varying technical abilities.
- Demonstrates good judgment and confidence to select appropriate approach and take full responsibility for end results.
- Knowledge of common cabling standards and media types.
- Ability to read network topology drawings and comprehend basic fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of power and cooling infrastructure.
- Able to meet physical requirements of the job, such as working on ladders, racking heavy servers, running cables, etc.
- Ability to manage cables to an extremely high standard.
- Understanding of network layer design concepts.
- Strong experience with hardware repair of server.
- Experience working at the command line of Linux systems doing basic system troubleshooting and running scripts.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to work well as part of global team in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely high personal standards for work quality.
- Experience programming (such as in Python) a plus.
- Reliable and predictable availability.
Already have an account? Log in here