Tower - Top Hand
Kent, WA Posted: 7/27/2021
There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity and our work depends on a Tower Crew Foreman joining our team to support wireless activities in WA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Tower Crew Foreman, you will be trusted to perform installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications wireless systems. In this role, a typical day will include: - Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems. - Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring. - Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics. - Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance. - Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians. - Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required. Associates degree. Related experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of related experience - Ability to lead and manage multiple tower climbers/crew
- Ability to effectively communicate with GDIT management team and assigned tower crew on a daily basis.
- Responsible for overall performance including safety, quality, production and financials
- Basic computer skills to send daily progress reports, safety reports, and quality audits with back-up photos and videos.
- Must be able to work long hours outside in the elements in a full body harness suspended at varying heights for long periods of time.
- Candidates are required to complete General Dynamics training before working in the field (CPR, First Aid Training, RF Awareness, and Climbing/Rigging Certifications). Candidates must be willing to travel 100% of the time. Travel will be within the state of Washington and/or Oregon.
- Preferred: Verizon Program experience
Already have an account? Log in here