Sr. Fiber Splicer
Woodland, CA Posted: 8/6/2021
Great opportunity to join a highly functioning team with opportunity for advancement.
- Self-supervise all operations to ensure that all splicing procedures are completed in accordance with company requirements.
- Working from engineered designs, and keeping track of production, reporting back to the assigned OSP project manager.
- Work with Construction PM's perform splicing as directed per the network diagrams.
- Provide the OSP Engineers with detailed reports of field splicing activity.
- Reviews and interprets underground and aerial cable records in existing records, on maps or in the field.
- Makes precise recommendations for changes in running fiber optic cables or provides input into construction methodologies.
- Participates in engineering, permit and construction processes.
- Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as: OSHA, FCC, NESC and NEC, etc.; as well as following procedures as outlined in the Installation, Technical, Operations, and Safety Manuals, and Employee Handbook)
- Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Must be open to night work / maintenance window hours.
- 50% or greater travel within the Bay Area and surrounding markets.
- Good communication skills, able to interact with external and internal customers.
- Testing and troubleshooting fiber using an OTDR, optical power meter, fiber identifier, scope and iOLM / EXFO tester experience.
- Ariel Bucket truck operation experience.
- Pole climbing experience.
- Familiar with GO95; General Order 95 pertaining to overhead line and construction standards.
Already have an account? Log in here