We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Tower Climber joining our team to support wireless activities in WA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Tower Climber, you will be trusted to perform installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
- Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
- Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
- Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
- Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
High school diploma or GED
- 0-1+ years of related experience in the field.
- Must be able to work long hours outside in the elements in a full body harness suspended at varying heights for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to multi task and communicate effectively.
- Candidates are required to complete General Dynamics training before working in the field (CPR, First Aid Training, RF Awareness, and Climbing/Rigging Certifications).