Dublin, CA Posted: 9/21/2021
- Attend Kick-Off meetings if new backbone, lateral, and / or riser fiber is required.
- Review sales engineering design and determine backbone fiber route.
- Obtain necessary circuit identifiers from groups; or create as required.
- Create a Fiber DLR in Netcracker for A-Z fiber locations. (Note: New sites require the site survey form completed, submitted, and entered in the system prior by Fiber Construction.)
- Design fiber route and create all necessary splicing prints and work orders for vendors performing splicing work within the active backbone.
- Provide fiber assignments to Construction Team for lateral fibers to last demarc panel if new lateral is required. Construction to handle MPOE splice & demarc splices on new lateral builds only.
- Coordination of fiber cable count & demarcs will need to be obtained from Construction.
Fiber Engineering responsible for all backbone splicing & end/end testing. (Note: Splicing can be managed by Fiber Construction where requested.)
- Obtain Quote/Bids from contractors for all backbone splicing & end/end testing.
- Create Requisitions for Purchase Order approval and payment to vendors.
- Participate in on-call rotation providing Fiber engineering Support after normal work hours.
Manage vendors / contractors during splicing & testing of circuits.
- Submit all necessary Change management notifications and adhere to field activity policies and guidelines.
- Provide Operations / Provisioning with final DLR's & test shots for closeout
After completion close out tasks in CRM.
- Approve all vendor invoices for the project in ReqLogic.
Already have an account? Log in here