Dublin, CA Posted: 9/21/2021
Responsible for all aspects of construction on Crown Castle projects including Vendor selection, on-site management, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives. Represent Crown Castle as the expert on construction issues relating to construction/modification of towers and collocation or DAS and small cell projects, including in-building iDAS, public right-of-way oDAS & Small Cells along with the associated inside & outside plant construction methods. Oversight for DAS and small cell projects will include activities related to above and below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node construction and related utility make-ready. Ensure all assigned projects are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline and budget of customer and Crown Castle. Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with Crown Castle policies and procedures in support of Crown Castle objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Directly advise and influence decisions of District and/or Program and Project Managers in all aspects of construction work.
- Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor selection process.
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for Crown.
- Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing customers to award service work to Crown.
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including bid walk, precon walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors when doing groundwork.
- Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure Crown Castle is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Crown Castle construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Act as Crown Castle safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with Crown Castle safety program and related workmanship practices.
- High School degree
- A valid driver's license required
- Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) for SCS.
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
- Knowledge of budget development and execution
- Knowledge of construction management process
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to direct and diagnose workflow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills - MS office and project management software knowledge
Working Conditions: Will be required to travel to project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions 90% of the time. Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions 10% of the time.
Already have an account? Log in here