National City, CA
Client is seeking an OSP Construction Manager (CM)
who will be responsible for supporting the construction of FTTP by coordinating internal and external teams and individuals in contributing to that process.
As a Construction Manager, you are responsible for overseeing all phases of utility construction on various types of telecom projects.
- Possess proven leadership in the utility construction industry
- Support the company-wide safety culture
- Drive your team to meet deadlines and produce quality projects
- Provide a high level of customer service when interfacing with customers for escalated issues
- Exemplify leadership in providing direction to multiple crews and their job site activities and review progressed schedules against schedule deadlines
Minimum 5 years of coax/fiber FTTP construction supervision, understanding of GO 95 & GO 128 construction standards, understand coax and fiber prints/documentation, ability to use Microsoft Office, Adobe, Google Earth, strong organizational skills, valid drivers license. Ability to be a "working" supervisor as needed. Ability to communicate effectively. Must be able to follow instructions, and also re-engineer on the fly. Ability to communicate in an effective professional manner required.
The OSP Construction Manager is a vital part of the team. Client has near-term plans to dramatically accelerate expansion and, in doing so, the construction of new plant. The OSP team is responsible for working with outside contractors to enable the rapid deployment of plant in order to enable this expansion, and the OSP CM will play a key role in this process.