Level 4 - Lead Telecommunications Installation Technician
The Lead Technician Level 4 will provide detailed installation, removal, and maintenance Central Office equipment which includes Transmission, Power and Fiber systems with a minimum of supervision. This role will create and update system records and audits and will require key required computer skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must have mastered all installation skills per Telco Standard TP76300 and be able to perform all the duties of the Installer Level 4 with a high degree of competence and accuracy.
- Mastered comprehensive equipment installation skills on a wide variety of installations and systems including AC/DC Power systems, low/high-density fiber systems, Central Office Infrastructure, and supervisory /alarm systems.
- Base Telco system testing skills required.
- Supervise lower-level installers in basic installation and testing requirements.
- High level of understanding of all company policies and practices, safety procedures, paperwork, and administrative requirements. Will review subordinate's time and expense documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Comply with system update requirements of all company/customer installation documents.
- Ability to resolve any project related issues utilizing defined processes.
- Read, understand, and apply job/equipment specifications, installation documents, schematics, and test records. Demonstrated proficiency in generating MOP's, High-risk activity reports, work schedules, test records, and project completion reports.
- Perform in-process and final quality audits to ensure all items meet or exceed industry and/or customer standards.
- Work on multiple projects which may have several locations.
- Manage crews assigned to the project as the Lead Technician and plan daily work assignments for the crew.
- Ability to interface with customers, vendors, and other company employees in the completion of, testing of, and turning up of equipment.
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 6+ years installation experience or combination of experience and training as determined by company management. Some prior leadership experiences.
- Experience with Carrier (Verizon, AT&T, Frontier) Central Office installation practices strongly preferred.
- MUST BE A ROAD WARRIOR. EXTENSIVE TRAVEL THROUGHOUT CALIFORNIA AND THE WEST COAST. POTENTIALLY OTHER LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT THE US.
- DC Power Installation experience a plus.
- High school diploma with two years technical school or a combination of training and experience related to the communications installation field of 6 plus years.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have proficient laptop computer skills and experience with applications.
- Travel is required in your home region and in the US without restrictions. The ability to travel internationally is a plus. Expenses 100% paid by the employer.
- Fully understands all company/customer policies and procedures and safety requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams) skills.
- Possess a variety of personal tools necessary to complete advanced assignments and installations.
- Must be able to vertically lift 50lbs. Required to stand, walk, climb ladders, and crawl in tight spaces.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to pass all pre-employment background checks and must be insurable.
Home base location preferred but not required.:
Dallas, TX but must be willing to travel out of region