Woodland, CA Posted: 10/22/2018
This is an excellent opportunity to enter a career with growth potential in the East Bay and Sacramento markets. Willing to train and develop the right candidate with minimum fiber splicing experience. Good pay and benefits.
- Self-supervise all operations to ensure that all splicing operations are completed in accordance with company requirements.
- Working from engineered designs, and keeping track of production, reporting back to the assigned OSP project manager.
- Work with Construction PM’s perform splicing as directed per the network diagram’s.
- Testing and troubleshooting fiber using an OTDR, optical power meter, fiber identifier and scope IOLM is a bonus
- Provide the OSP Engineers with detailed reports of field splicing activity
- Reviews and interprets underground and aerial cable records in existing records, on maps or in the field
- Makes precise recommendations for changes in running fiber optic cables, or provides input into construction methodologies
- Participates in engineering, permit and construction processes
- Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as: OSHA, FCC, NESC and NEC, etc ; as well as following procedures as outlined in the Installation, Technical, Operations, and Safety Manuals, and Employee Handbook)
- Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Already have an account? Log in here