Austin, TX Posted: 11/6/2018
Position Title: Construction Manager
Responsible for all aspects of construction on sites including; on-site management and coordination of contractors, utility crews, OEM installers and customer representatives. Represent Kineticom as the expert on construction issues relating to construction of towers, modification of towers, and collocations. Ensure project is completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline of customer. Ensure Project Manager and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost. Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with set policies and procedures in support of company objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, precon walk, in progress site visits, punchwalk and construction closeout.
- Understand prevailing rates for all tower and ground work and ensure customer is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
- Ensure Project Manager is updated daily on the status of construction and aware of any issues that will impact project cost, quality or completion.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Act as safety observer while at the site ensuring compliance with safety program.
- High School degree
- Contractor’s license preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Advanced knowledge of budget development and execution
- Advanced knowledge of construction management process
- Advanced knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills - MS office and project management software knowledge
Working Conditions: Will be required to travel to project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions 90% of the time. Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions 10% of the time.
Already have an account? Log in here