Tower Technician I
Woodland, CA Posted: 11/23/2018
Kineticom is looking for qualified entry level personal that are motivated to advance their career supporting 5G builds in wireless telecommunictions.
PRIMARY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installing, maintaining, repairing, removing, or retrofitting antenna systems equipment and power systems to maintain operational communications
- Using a transit; reading a compass; setting Azimuths and Down tilts based on specifications
- Providing superior customer service ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner
- Adhering to all Company and industry (i.e., OSHA, NATE) standards/regulations
- Operating construction equipment to dig holes, load/unload equipment, install/remove communications equipment, and install tower foundations and structures, using safety equipment and clothing, and hand tools.
- Effectively utilizing of available resources, technology, and tools to complete work
- Maintaining compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Utilizing knowledge to identify, select and utilize the proper cables, ropes, block and tackle for rigging and lifting
- Maintaining clean, safe and orderly environment
- Properly following all safety procedures and policies
- Performing all duties in accordance with the Vinculums Code of Safe Practices (IIPP).
- Experience on major carrier builds and modification preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work in all locations for extended periods of time.
- Tower Climber/Fall Protection/ Rescuer Certification or equivalent certification (Comtrain)
- Ability to climb heights in excess of 500 feet
- Ability to read & comprehend Construction Drawings
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, team player, results oriented
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to be insurable and able to operate a company vehicle.
- All candidates must be able to pass the following to be considered for job placement:
- Pre-employment Drug Screening
- Criminal Background Check
Preferred but not required:
- Anritzu / PIM/ fiber testing certification
- ALU Technician certification
- Connector certifications i.e.: Andrew, PPC, Com Scope, etc.
- OSHA 10 or 30, RF Awareness certification
- First aid/CPR
- RF and microwave experience
- Working Conditions:
- Travel would be required within a region but could travel outside of region as well.
- Schedules to include overtime with lodging away from home with rotations of up to 6 weeks or more to include nights, weekends, and graveyard shifts.
- Impromptu long distance commutes.
- Outside work with weather extremes that range from below zero in winter to 95 degrees plus in summer, wind and rain (snow and sleet) can also be factors.
- Rough and uneven terrain and work in enclosed environments with limited movement to perform task at hand.
Already have an account? Log in here