Tower Technician I
Charlotte, NC Posted: 1/18/2019
$500.00 Bonus will be paid after 30 days on proejct!
As a Tower Technician I you will be responsible for a full range of installation, repair and maintenance services on clients’ cellular towers including but not limited to:
• Installing, maintaining, repairing, removing, or retrofitting antenna systems equipment and power systems to maintain operational communications
• Using a transit; reading a compass; setting Azimuths and Down tilts based on specifications
• Providing superior customer service ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner
• Adhering to all Company and industry (i.e., OSHA, NATE) standards/regulations
• Operating construction equipment to dig holes, load/unload equipment, install/remove communications equipment, and install tower foundations and structures, using safety equipment and clothing, and hand tools.
• Effectively utilizing of available resources, technology, and tools to complete work
• Maintaining compliance with all company policies and procedures
• Utilizing knowledge to identify, select and utilize the proper cables, ropes, block and tackle for rigging and lifting
• Maintaining clean, safe and orderly environment
• Properly following all safety procedures and policies
• Performing all duties in accordance with the Kineticom / Client Code of Safe Practices (IIPP).
Minimum 1 year of telecom tower climbing experience
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (required)
• Valid Driver’s License
• ComTrain certificate (required)
• Computer Literacy (required for positions that involve the use of a computer)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Experience using the Sunsight Alignment tool
• Experience performing transmission line and antenna systems installation to include 4G component installation, RRH’s etc.
• Experience with repairs and replacing defective equipment
• TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL
• Willingness to travel and work in all locations for extended periods of time.
• Tower Climber/Fall Protection/ Rescuer Certification or equivalent certification (Comtrain)
• Ability to climb heights in excess of 400 feet
• Ability to read & comprehend Construction Drawings
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Organized with a strong attention to detail
• Self-starter, team player, results oriented
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to be insurable and able to operate a company vehicle.
• All candidates must be able to pass the following to be considered for job placement:
• Pre-employment Drug Screening
• Criminal Background Check
Already have an account? Log in here