JOB TITLE: Construction Manager
WAGE CLASSIFICATION: Salary/Exempt
At SAC Wireless, it's our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technology services. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the country choose SAC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join SAC and help shape our future while creating yours.
SAC designs, builds and maintains end-to-end network infrastructure for telecommunications, enterprise and public sector customers. An industry leader with highly trained and certified professionals providing best-in- class network solutions and services.
SUMMARY: Responsible for supervision and management of field crews for assigned Client Projects. Accountable for managing the overall field performance, including scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Serve as single-point of contact between project management and construction execution.
- Provide oversight during construction on all assigned construction projects.
- Direct and supervise all tower and civil foreman working on your assigned projects and provide leadership and guidance for crew members.
- Provide supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
- Assure that we have the correct level and talent of in house and subcontractors to maintain our construction schedules and level of work.
- Perform bid walks, evaluate site conditions relative to scope of work and out of scope work and prepare cost estimates.
- Work with Field Construction Leads to develop detailed material lists and scope of services lists from RFDS’s and engineered drawings.
- Report project status and performance data as required to management.
- Review project costs for accuracy of time, materials and subcontractors.
- Order all rental equipment needed for projects and ensure it is returned in a timely fashion.
- Comply with carrier specifications on all site construction by detailed coordination, review and approval of all documentation including but not limited to construction reports, grounding reports and as-builts.
- Procure and provide all carrier materials for a project to a site by timely and accurately specifying required materials and coordinating with internal/external individuals as required.
- Monitor and report performance of projects by ensuring full utilization of tracking tools and reports, observation of and attendance at progress meetings, and direct interaction with personnel and management for feedback.
- Ensure permitting, inspections and code compliance are completed as needed for each assigned project.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or engineering, or similar field experience in telecommunications construction management is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Construction Manager.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant Wireless and Telecommunications industry experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Strong analytic ability and acute attention to detail.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytic skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Travel may be required but limited.
- Office and outside in all weather conditions
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.