Key Tasks *
BTS Engineer Summary
Performs TI works and BSS/RAN implementation activities in a market, primarily Commissioning and Integration. Carries out limited supervision of the TI works and equipment implementation team in a zone as delegated by the FM or PM. Ensure TI/Implementation activities and quality meet project requirements and targets. Receives NTP and permitting documentation from FM or PM. Reviews and approves, NTP, Site specific drawings (site lay out + equipment installation drawings). May organize and lead kick off meetings for starting sites as directed. May supervise service supplier teams (TI) as directed, and follow up on service supplier performance. Communicates Model site standard design & details to service supplier teams. Co-ordinates site design and construction works site deployment activities with SA and TI teams in market. Supports service suppliers in using IFM. Follows up and reports the work progress related to time schedule and Quality to FM and/or PM and escalates the deviations. Analyze TI key matrices as reported in project management system EPM. Proposes and acts on corrective actions. Approves and ensures site level Documentation is stored in the market required depository. Supervises and coordinates the TI process according to agreed project time schedule in region.. Ensures the correct usage of the project tools (IPM/IFM) and the data content. Performs tool audits with the suppliers. Tracks all TI-extra work related issues and reports those to the market PM.
1 Required Competencies and Skills:
- Proficient understanding in TI activities (Safety, Quality, Progress, Logistics, & Reporting)
- Expert knowledge of equipment and have the ability to perform Commissioning, integration, verifications and acceptance of BTS Network Elements (2G, 3G, LTE, ultra and small cells technology)
- Monitor status of site walks, material delivery, inventory, and to identify/report challenges to market project/program management.
- Oversee multiple site builds at once, and to be responsible for ensuring that resources are completing site builds safely, on schedule and that standards of quality are maintained.
- Evaluate field resources and quality of work and offer guidance in deficient areas.
- Attend customer meeting at the market level
- Responsible for validation of NTP,RSSI, SCOP documentation within the market
- Responsible to identify out of scope activities on RSSI
- Support FM/PM in validation of credibility of change requests.
- Provide feedback on partner competence, safety, and quality.
- Prioritize crews/ resources to meet project requirements.
- Understand and able to follow project MOP, perform work as quality driven process.
- Perform project advance troubleshooting and independently resolve technical issues.
- Thorough understanding of Antenna and Antenna line configurations (MHA/RET) and connectivity as well as Flexi BTS Feature set ( Rx diversity / Antenna Line sharing )
- Support Customer training.
- Support optimization and improvement of processes required in execution of tasks.
- Complete and audit technical portion of site close out package.
- Support remote trouble shooting
- Support Project team to achieve 48 Hrs alarm free milestone
- Support PT4 trouble ticket allocation and resolution
1.1 Education & Experience or Other Requirements:
Practical knowledge of Telecom site rollout including tower, shelter, metal enclosure, foundation works, electrical works (Rectifier, Battery and Generator) and grounding systems
- Subcontractor Management
- Planning & Organizational skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Proficient in MS applications
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to interpret RFDS, NTP, Site Drawings/Blue prints, MOPs, and Schematics
- Ability to quickly learn or have knowledge of Tools to include NED/NOLs, BTS Element Manager, OSS/RAS, IPM and IFM.