Houston, TX Posted: 6/10/2020
Permenent Position with Nationwide firm
The Tower Foreman must have an expert level of understanding with all aspects of the Wireless Industry. The person in this position will be expected to maintain full control of their crew’s production and lead by example. They will utilize the tower lead to develop and plan out the complete build of the site. This person will verify a high quality of deliverables for SOW and will identify change orders, possible obstacles and safety concerns which may prevent timely completion of site work. This person will work with the supervisor to establish achievable scheduling and goal as determined by management (CM/PM).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Must have an emphasis and higher understanding of:
- Capstan operations, Crane/signaling, Rigging, Steal work (hanging boom, antenna etc.) and shoot azimuths. (Front, Back and Side)
- Understand full quality and safety procedures.
- Developed management skills in running their team in day to day operations.
- Expert in reading CD’s/ Blue prints, RFDS etc.
- Expert in FULL COP process including photos, forms, etc.
- Expert level of knowledge with testing equipment –Anritsu, Fiber tester, PIM, RET etc.
- Foreman will be responsible for COP deliverables to the COP team.
- Foreman will be responsible for production reporting, hours, time off, new/damaged equipment needs etc. to the management team.
- All crew tools equipment and vehicles are expected to be cared for as part of a daily process.
- Submit all required daily and weekly paperwork. (JSA, Weekly safety topics, crane/heavy machinery forms etc.)
Successful Completion of Required Training
- First Aid/BBP @ CPR
- SACW IIPP
- PPE use and requirements
- Lock out Tag out
- RF Awareness
- SACW on board/protocols
- GHS (formally MSDS)
- Special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, Back hoe, capstan etc.)
Minimum 2 Years Tower and Telecommunications Experience Required
Desire to Succeed and Learn New Skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Acute attention to detail
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Physically able to climb 1000 vertical feet per day.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Frequent Travel required with overnight trips.
- Office and outside in all weather conditions.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Already have an account? Log in here