Civil / Ground Technician
Kenilworth, NJ Posted: 12/11/2020
The Civil / Ground Technician is responsible for supporting their crew during wireless cell site construction. Taking direction from the Foreman, this individual will have the ability to build a site based on set of plans, Methods of Procedure (MOPs) and Bill of Materials (BOMs) provided. Candidate must be willing to operate hand tools, power tools, and other construction equipment and machinery on a daily basis in all outdoor weather environments. All duties must be performed in accordance with OSHA and other worker safety standards with keeping high quality, accountability and budget timelines in mind.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work on and around electrical components including but not limited to conduit installations, cabling, grounding and various connectors.
- Perform form setting and site layout.
- Safely operate heavy machinery for compaction and welding etc.
- Perform basic concrete carpentry.
- Prepare materials for daily projects, preps truck and trailer with necessary items to complete scheduled build.
- Successfully complete formal and on-the-job training.
- Electrical Experience is required
- CAD weld / Welding apprentice preferred.
- Prepare material for site build
- Grounding electrical equipmen
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving history.
- Class A CDL a plus.
- Telecommunications experience ideal.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Technical aptitude.
- Use equipment and facilities properly including maintenance of tools and work sites.
- Ability to use the range of operations of GPS, computer, camera and other technical equipment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and independently.Ability to read, comprehend and carryout instructions.
- Requires the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at knees and waist, lift equipment and tools, etc.
Already have an account? Log in here